Where we began
Brianplant was established in 1984 by Brian Thornley. The company was forged to provide operational plant such as JCB 3CX excavators, tipper lorries and general contractor's plant to support an existing building business. Brianplant then expanded to cater for external customers including local contractors and developers, as well as the Gas Board and local authorities.
In 1994, Brian retired and one of his sons Clive joined the business. Clive is a Chartered Civil Engineer who spent 17 years after graduation in the construction industry nationally before joining Brianplant. It was at this stage that the business started to diversify into sub-contract earthworks, demolition, and site clearance.
To complement the diversification we expanded the range of machinery and plant available to our customers and believe in regularly renewing and replacing our vehicles to ensure optimum performance.
The recycling and merchanting of aggregates, alongside the purchase of our own Limestone Quarry, means we are able to provide a complete service to our customers.
In addition to our Limestone Quarry and our aggregate recycling centre, we also have a dedicated, licenced Waste Transfer Station from which we offer both skip hire and waste management services.
What we can offer you
- Muck shifts using our dedicated fleet of modern tippers
- Plant Hire with fully qualified operators
- Haulage of material – with tippers, artics and grab lorries.
- Aggregates, both virgin and recycled.
- Skip Hire – including Ro-Ro bins
- Bulk earthworks packages
- Crushing and screening facilities
- Waste management services – including hazardous material disposal.